enter site This is a delicious dessert recipe very suitable for this time of year when cooking / eating apples are so plentiful. It is also extremely easy to prepare and cook.
buy provigil online Serves 6
- 600g. / 1lb. 5 ozs. bramley apples, peeled and sliced
- 150g. / 5ozs. self-raising flour
- 50g. / 2 ozs. caster sugar
- 80g. / 3 ozs. unsalted butter, chilled and diced
- 1 medium egg
- 100mls. / 4 fl. ozs. milk
- Finely grated rind of 1 lemon
- 50g. / 2 ozs. currants
- 80g. / 3 ozs. muscovado sugar
- 25g. / 1 oz. unsalted butter
- 100mls. / 4 fl. ozs. water
- ¼ tsp. salt
- juice of ½ lemon
1. Preheat the oven to 180C / fan oven, 190 C electric oven, Gas Mark 5.
2. Place the flour and sugar for the sponge in a bowl, and rub in the butter (this can also be done in a food processor or mixer). Now incorporate the egg and the milk, then fold in the lemon zest and the currants.
3. Arrange the apples in the base of a 1.5 litre / 3 pint ovenproof dish and smooth the sponge mixture on top.
4. Place the sugar, butter, water and salt for the sauce in a small saucepan and bring to the boil. Stir in the lemon juice, then pour the mixture over the pudding.
5. Bake the pudding for 30 – 35 minutes until golden on the surface and bubbling around the edges.