buy Lyrica 300 mg online uk A fabulous local food festival in Ledbury’s High Street will celebrate the 400th anniversary of Ledbury Market House’s role as the centre piece of the Town and its market place.
see Stalls will line the High Street with a feast of locally produced food and drink from the Three Counties to savour there or to take home.
Products on sale include artisan cheese, scotch eggs, salads, empanadas, baked pierogis, flower jellies, chutneys, jams, bakery, confectionary, fudge, sausage and bacon rolls, fresh pasta, fruit muffins, sizzling wraps, rapeseed oils, apple vinegar and verjuice, freshly harvested fruit and vegetables and – if the harvest is there – cherries.
Local fruit juices and cordials including a fascinating plum nectar will be featured for those who don’t fancy a freshly roasted coffee – plus of course local made ice-cream in fabulous flavours, and a plant stall. Local pubs and hotels will feature local beers and ciders, and Hay Wines will run a tasting of local wines.
Food and drink stalls include:
- Bentleys Castle Fruit Farm
- Canapes by Gill
- Crazy Creperie
- Croome Cuisine
- Fresh@Eat Your Veg
- Hanley Swan Bakery
- Imaginative Gourmet
- Just Rachel
- Kitchen Flowers
- Little Marcle Farm Shop
- Method Roastery
- Monkland Cheese Dairy
- My Cocoa
- Myrtles Kitchen
- Old Granary Pierogi
- Orchard Origins (Herefordshire Wildlife Trust)
- Pork & Two Veg
- Risbury Rapeseed Oil
- Season Cordials
- The Cooking Cooks
- The Handmade Scotch Egg Company
- Vincenta’s Empanadas
- Wychbold Fudge
- Wykeham Gardens
- Ledbury Food Group
The Ledbury Poetry Festival celebrates its own 21st Birthday with a party event featuring a fine array of acts in the High Street from 11am, with the following running order (times are approximate):
- 11.00 Ledbury Community Brass Band
- 12.00 Silurian Morris Men
- 12.40 Samba Galez – samba comes to Ledbury,
- 13.40 Nick Lovell – poet
- 13.55 LADS – The Visitor – drama of Old Ledbury
- 14.25 The Sequins – retro pop
- 15.25 Dancefest – special dance performance
- 15.55 Flatworld – world music
- 16.55 Brenda Read-Brown – poet
- 17.40 Dave Crowe – beat box
Celebrating the Market House’s 400th birthday, look out for the following attractions:
- Presentation of a Birthday Cake to the Market House at 11.45am
- An exhibition of over 200 birthday cards produced by children from Ledbury Primary School – Market House (upstairs)
- An exhibition about Ledbury’s heritage buildings – Market House (upstairs) – and an accompanying souvenir brochure from Ledbury’s Joined Up Heritage project.
- Dramatic interludes featuring people from Ledbury’s past around the town – various places between about 12.00 and 13.30.
- Ledbury’s fine array of heritage buildings – Master’s House, Painted Room, Heritage Centre, Butcher Row and St Michael’s church will all be open
- A “bake a celebratory cake” competition – entry forms will be available from Ledbury News and Past and Present.
Plus look out for musicians from the Ledbury Fringe performing anywhere. Scheduled pub gigs on the day are:
- Jamie Williams and The Roots Collective – The Prince of Wales, 4pm
- Three Bone Joint – The Retreat, 6.30pm
This is a free event. The High Street will be closed to traffic all day for the celebration. Free parking is available at the public car parks, and the Friends of John Masefield High School are providing additional parking at the School (signed off the Southend) for a small donation to their funds.