http://akinabridalcouture.com.au/products/la-sposa-saboya-1250/ Again, local food producers feature in this year’s Great Taste Awards. Organised by the Guild of Fine Food, the award is the acknowledged benchmark for fine food and drink. It has been described as the ‘Oscars’ of the food world and the ‘epicurean equivalent of the Booker prize’ – stars are awarded with three star awards representing the most outstanding produce.
follow url Congratulations to Peter Cooks Bread from the Hop Pocket with a 3 star award for their Spelt and Honey Sour Bread and 2 stars for the Ledbury Loaf, and Jus from Aylton with 2 stars for their Discovery Apple Juice. Both products can be bought in Ledbury.
From the Bromyard area, Myrtle’s Kitchen has gained a 2 star award for their Hot Mango Chutney and Toad’s Mill has gained the same award for their Light White Spelt Flour.
Other Herefordshire award winners include:
- Oakchurch Farm Shop for a number of their meat and baked products
- Sue Gilmour and La Fleur de Chocolat for their chocolate
- Jake’s Cured Meats for three salami products
- British Cassis
- Lodge Farm Kitchen for cooked meals from local products
- Haven Distillery for their gin
- Ty Gwyn, Pips Cider, Fair Oak Cider and Cleeve Orchard for their ciders
- Swan Brewery for two beers
- Black Mountain Roast for their espresso coffee blend
and some of our larger Herefordshire producers:
- Tyrrells for several flavours of their crisps
- Windmill Hill Fruits for their frozen summer fruits
- Willy’s ACV (based at Chase Distillery) for their apple cider vinegar
Several award winners come from the Malvern Area including The Friday Beer Company for their Malvern Pils and Muddy Wellies Golden Ale, and Lakehouse Brewery for their Amber Session Ale and Cherry-Chocolate Porter. From slightly farther afield McNeils Smokehouse wins an award for their Herefordshire Cider Smoked Salmon.
Full details of this year’s award winners can be found at www.greattasteawards.co.uk with links to award winners websites.