The Ledbury Celebration on Sunday 10th July celebrates the local food and drink of Herefordshire and its neighbouring counties with an added menu of music, poetry and our historic heritage.
This year’s event brings an outdoor market to historic St Katherine’s, Ledbury next to the 15th century Master’s House, and just off the High Street. The event runs from 11am to 5pm with entertainment from midday.
Local produce will be on sale either to eat and drink “on the go” or to take home to savour in slower time.
Producers this year include:
• Case for Cooking
• Chock Shop
• Gun Dog Gin
• Hay Charcuterie
• Kitchen Flowers
• Kontext Koffee
• Little Bento Box
• Little Marcle Organic Produce
• Miniyaki’s Japanese Street Food
• Myrtle’s Kitchen
• No Frickin Chicken
• Orchard Grove Preserves
• Rayeesa’s Indian Kitchen
• Seb’s Cider
• Tuston Market Garden
• Vicenta’s Empanadas
• Wykeham Gardens
In addition you will find:
• Sustainable Ledbury – find out about avoiding food waste
• Jayne Parry Ceramics
• Karen Tacey Ceramics
• CUP Ceramics – Pottery demonstrations
• Kid’s Kitchen – food activities for younger children
• Eat like your Ancestors
Ledbury Poetry Festival has lined up special “al fresco” poetic performances during the event featuring:
• Dave Pitt – “Now more than ever, our world needs the raw anger of poets like Dave. Importantly, we also need the laughs he brings”
• Emma Purshouse –“Her talent is in taking the most mundane situations and bringing them alive.”
• Leena Batchelor – Pixie Muse – “Calling herself a “poetic minstrel with living in her veins”, Leena writes passionately about everything that strikes her mind and heart”
Poetry performances at 12.45pm, 1.45pm and 2.45pm
Beth Calverley, will be present with her magical Poetry Machine. This is your chance to experience poetry, created in response to your thoughts, feelings, ideas, and discoveries.
And a feast of musical entertainment…
• Ledbury Community Choir – Ledbury’s own massed voices. Join in if you know the words (and the tune! At 12 noon.
• Keith Baldwin, guitarist and singer, frontman of the band Rubble, will entertain from 1.10pm.
• The Ledbury Singers will serenade you with their own smooth music style from 2pm.
• One-of-a-kind Voices Unlimited – rocking out their unmistakable “VU Wall of Sound” raises the tempo at 3pm.
• Gruig, a rip roaring foot stomping band from Gloucestershire bring their sing-along Irish songs, jigs and reels to get you dancing at 4pm.
A special event at 1pm – Ledbury’s Community Art Project, “The Tale of the Bird and the Tree”, will reach its conclusion when the Bird will take flight and soar over to join the Tree accompanied by music.
And you can visit Ledbury’s heritage sites, or book in for a session of poetry with Ledbury Poetry Festival on the last day of the festival.
This event is organised by Ledbury Food Group in partnership with Ledbury Poetry, Ledbury Fringe and Ledbury Town Council.