Thanks for supporting our local independent food suppliers! Here are brief details of what’s about… much more information is available on their websites.
Ledbury Town Charter Market –operates on Tuesdays and Saturdays, noting:
- Max the Fish – brings fresh fish to the market on Tuesday mornings
- Mark’s Cheese Counter Van visits Saturdays – Mark offers a click and collect service at marks-cheese-counter.co.uk
- Le Delice of Malvern bakery is with us on Saturdays
Ledbury Country Market – is open at the Burgage Hall on Fridays between 9am and 12.30pm. The Market sells a lovely selection of home produced vegetables, fruit, eggs, cakes, puddings, biscuits, bread and savoury items.
Hellens Produce Market – operates on the 1st Saturday monthly at Hellens, Much Marcle between 9.30 and 11.30am featuring a number of local producers
Great Malvern Farmers Market – runs on 3rd Saturday monthly. Check with their Facebook page for details for the next market and names of those producers who regularly attend the market.
Bromyard Sunday Market in the Market Square, Bromyard runs on the first Sunday of the month, 10am – 2pm.
Teme Valley Farmers Market at The Talbot Inn, Knightwick, WR6 5PH runs on the second Sunday of the month, 10.30am – 1.30pm.
Retailers of Locally Produced Food
Check these retailers out in and near Ledbury – some offer deliveries
- Gurneys Family Butchers, the Homend – phone 01531 632526
- D T Waller and Sons, The Homend (and at Colwall) – phone 01531 632739 (Ledbury) or 01684 540899 (Colwall). Check out their Ready Meals.
- LDA Meats (Ledbury), Leadon Way – phone 01531 634382
- Jenkins greengrocery shop in the Homend stocks local fruit and vegetables in season including strawberries, cherries, plums, apples, pears and asparagus – Phone 01531 632537.
- Handley Organics, High Street stocks local organic produce – Phone 01531 631136
- Le Delice comes to the Saturday Charter Market
- Peter Cooks Bread provides bakery to Ceci Paolo, The Nest and the Hop Pocket Food Hall – for other stockists see petercooksbread.co.uk/stockists.
- Baker’s Dozen shop in the Homend stocks a wide range of bakery – Phone 01531 631156.
Other Locally Produced Food and Drink
- Little Verzons Farm – The Nest Farm Shop – Hereford Road, HR8 2PZ – phone 01531 670816 – is home to the Handmade Scotch Egg Company and has a well-stocked shop featuring many products from local producers in Herefordshire and around. Café.
- Ceci Paolo, High Street – phone 01531 632976 – stocks a range of local produce including bread, cheese, dairy products, smoked fish, cider, crisps and their own cakes and bakery
- Handley Organic, High Street – phone 01531 631136 offers a range of local produce including its own bakery products, cakes etc. Café.
- The Shop at Bromsberrow at HR8 1PG – phone 01531 650744 –has lots of locally produced food and drink products for sale.
- Matt’s Kitchin – the Homend – has a wide range of ready meals available see mattskitchin.uk or phone 07522 064131 or 01531 632418.
- Wallers – see Butchers
Local Veg Box Schemes
The following operate local deliveries weekly:-
- Little Marcle Organic Produce in Little Marcle operates a weekly vegetable box scheme with local seasonal produce – Phone 07970 296153
- Tuston Market Garden in Ashburton also runs a vegetable box scheme with local produce in season – Phone 07539 401648
Gregg’s Pit offers award winning craft cider and perry. See website for details of direct sale arrangements and stockists – phone: 01531 660687 or 07473 900840
Myrtle’s Kitchen offers awarding winning locally made chutneys and preserves and has branched out into seasonings. You can find out more and order at their website.
Local E Sourced is a website that offers an increasing range of Herefordshire food and drink produce to customers via a delivery service– find out more at locally-sourced.co.uk/.
Berry’s Luxury Ice Cream (formerly Just Rachel’s) is based at the Hop Pocket. Locally their products are available at the Hop Pocket Food Hall, the Shop at Bromsberrow and the Nest, and available at several local cafes.
Most of our cafes and coffee houses feature local produce – Please treat yourself to a Ledbury breakfast, a tasty lunch or afternoon tea – or a delicious cake!
Phone details are listed below for booking etc. Most can be found on Tripadvisor with details of opening hours etc.
|Malthouse Café, Church Lane – 01531 634443 – Tuesdays to Saturdays|
|The Feathers, High Street – 01531 635266 – open all day, every day|
|The Nest, Little Verzons – 01531 670816 – open seven days a week|
|The Scrumpy House Restaurant at Westons Cider – 01531 660626 Indoor and Outdoor dining open seven days a week|
|The New Market House, High Street – 01531 634250 – open seven days a week|
|Trumpet Corner Tearoom, Trumpet 01531 670082 – Mondays to Saturdays|
|Janey’s, the Homend, 01531 248008 – Monday to Saturday.|
|Choccotastic, Homend Mews – 01531 637305 – Try out Ledbury’s chocolate shop and tearoom – Monday to Saturday|
|The Organic Café, High Street – 01531 631136 – Monday to Saturday|
|The Ledberry, The Homend – 01531 632376 – open seven days a week|
|Corner House Café, Top Cross – phone 07981 099945 – closed on Wednesdays|
Collated by Ledbury Food Group at 01531 633637 or email@example.com