Now that the COVID-19 situation has become more settled, the Local Food Producer information will now sit on this page, rather than in a weekly Blog post. If we make changes, we will post a blog entry indicating that some of the information has changed rather than having a weekly update.
Thanks for supporting our local independent food suppliers!
Ledbury Town Market
- Max the Fish – continues fish sales at the market on Tuesday mornings. He is not able to attend on Fridays for the time being.
- Mark’s Cheese Counter Van is with us on Saturday – Mark offers a click and collect service at marks-cheese-counter.co.uk
- No open table stalls will be present for the time being
Ledbury Country Market – No market at the Burgage Hall on Fridays but you can register for their collection service for their produce (order by Tuesday night, collect on Friday AM) at www.ledburycountrymarket.co.uk/ or phone 01684 540595
Local Food Retailers
These shops are open for local food sales – please use them. Many now offer collect or delivery arrangements:
- Gurneys Butchers have a delivery service on phoned butchery orders for those within 5 miles of Ledbury. Contact Gurneys at 01531 632526. Range of Pies! The Homend Shop is now open 9am to 1pm Monday to Saturday.
- Jenkins Greengrocers shop is open for vegetables and bird food – you can now phone in an order on Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday for collection from the shop on Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday – phone 01531 632537. Now stocking Asparagus and local strawberries from Strawberry Stop.
- D T Waller and Sons Butchers provide a delivery service – for details phone 01531 632739 (Ledbury) or 01684 540899 (Colwall). They also do Ready Meals.
- LDA Meats (Ledbury) are operating from their shop unit and provide deliveries – details at 01531 634382
- The Nest – offers a Click and Collect Pop Up food shop – for details nestledbury.co.uk or phone 01531 670816 – Neil and his team also offer a delivery service for those self-isolating in the Ledbury area, and are now offering a take away service. The Nest stocks products from many local food producers.
- Ceci Paolo – The Deli is open (9am to 4pm Monday to Saturday. They offer local deliveries – phone 01531 632976 to order. They offer their own Ready Meals, and organic bread flour from Shipton Mill plus fresh yeast (as available).
- Handley Organics – please respect 2 people at a time only in this small shop – now has local asparagus and other new season’s products!
Veg boxes etc.
These are providing boxes of vegetables (and other food) for delivery
- The Strawberry Stop (Siddington Farm) is offering fruit and veg box deliveries – now with their own strawberries – see their Facebook site at @thestrawberrystop or phone 01531 632664 (9am – 5pm).
- Trumpet Tearoom and Gallery are now organising fruit and veg boxes and can also deliver you delicious cakes or a cream tea! Full details are on their Facebook site, email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01531 670072 for details
- Little Marcle Farm (organic) remain very busy delivering veg boxes to their customers.
- The Farmers Arms, Wellington Heath offer grocery boxes for delivery – full details at farmersarmswellingtonheath.co.uk/kitchen or phone 01531 634776 between 11am – 2pm Tues to Sat.
Local Bakery Products
- Peter Cooks Bread provides bread deliveries to Ceci Paolo and The Nest. Their bread is also be available at the Hop Pocket Food Hall – for other stockists see petercooksbread.co.uk/stockists. They offer a home delivery service for orders over £15 (plus £3 delivery) – details at www.petercooksbreadorders.co.uk.
- Baker’s Dozen, Homend is operating 8am to 3pm with social distancing and offers local deliveries for orders over £5. Phone 01531 631156.
More Cooked and Ready Meals
- Y-Pass Fish and Chips – are offering a delivery only service on Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays – order ahead via bromyardfood.uk or by phone 01531 632843 (when open). Full details on the Y-Pass Ledbury Facebook page.
- Pizza Shop, Bye Street – is now open 5pm to 9.30pm for “phone order and collect” orders only – phone 01531 635402
- Matt’s Kitchin is delivering their ready meals locally – wide range available see mattskitchin.uk or phone 07522 064131 or 01531 632418
- Elite Fine Dining, Ledbury offers a range of frozen ready meals for delivery – enquiries to 01531 636028 or visit their Facebook site – individual meals from £3 to £4 by the same people who cater at Ledbury Primary School.
- Herefordshire Meals on Wheels now offer daily deliveries of hot, homemade food direct to your door Mondays to Fridays. – click for more details or phone 07939 261640.
Other Local Producers – see our producer directory for more details
- Gregg’s Pit offers craft cider and perry – local deliveries or collect. For other local cider producers see
- Myrtle’s Kitchen offers local pastry deliveries to your home as well as chutneys and preserves
- Wychbold Fudge has on online shop service
- Local E Sourced is a new website that offers an increasing range of Herefordshire food and drink produce to customers via a delivery service – find out more at locally-sourced.co.uk/. Minimum order £20.
- Local cider, perry and juice producers Visit bigapple.org.uk/blossomtime-2020/ for details of where you can obtain products from those who would have been at this year’s Blossomtime event.
Local Farmers’ Markets
- Sadly there are no local farmers’ markets for the time being.
Grow your own!
- Newent Plant Centre – Mark is now open again at the Nest – please observe social distancing when visiting. Contact 01531 670121.
- Tomato, Courgette and Runner Bean Plants now available at shops in the Homend!
Please shop safely and in line with current regulations and advice.
Our Producer Directory has more information about individual producers.
Last updated on .
Collated by Ledbury Food Group at 01531 633637 or email@example.com