Thanks for supporting our local independent food suppliers!
Please support our now reopened local retailers in and around Ledbury – nominated as a great place for buying Christmas Presents.
Ledbury Town Charter Market – is now open for food sales only on Tuesdays and Saturdays, noting:
- Max the Fish – continues fish sales at the market on Tuesday mornings, subject to availability of fish supplies.
- Mark’s Cheese Counter Van is with us on Saturday – Mark offers a click and collect service at marks-cheese-counter.co.uk
- Le Delice of Malvern bakery is with us on Saturdays .
Ledbury Country Market – is open at the Burgage Hall on Fridays between 10am and Noon. Entrance from Church Lane – one way system for social distancing. Please wear face-masks. A full range of local food products will be available.
Their order and collect service is continuing – you can register for this service (order by Tuesday evening – collect on Friday AM from the Burgage Hall, Church Lane) at www.ledburycountrymarket.co.uk or phone 01684 540595 – send order forms to email@example.com or phone orders to 01684 540595
Great Malvern Farmers Market – Check with their Facebook page for details for the next market and a reminder of those producers who regularly attend the market who still need your support. The Market plans to restart on Saturday 17th April.
Local Food Retailers
These shops are open for local food sales – please use them. Many now offer collect or delivery arrangements:
- Gurneys Butchers have a delivery service on phoned butchery orders for those within 5 miles of Ledbury. Contact Gurneys at 01531 632526. Range of Pies!
- Jenkins Greengrocers shop is open for vegetables and bird food – Mark has curtailed his collection service for the time being. Phone 01531 632537.
- D T Waller and Sons Butchers provide a delivery service – for details phone 01531 632739 (Ledbury) or 01684 540899 (Colwall). They also do Ready Meals.
- LDA Meats (Ledbury) are operating from their shop unit and provide deliveries – details at 01531 634382
- The Nest – offers a Click and Collect Pop Up food shop – for details nestledbury.co.uk or phone 01531 670816 – Neil and his team also offer a delivery service in the Ledbury area, and are offering a take away service from the café. The Nest stocks products from many local food producers. Currently open DAILY 10am to 4pm.
- Ceci Paolo – The Deli is open (9am to 4pm Monday to Saturday. They offer very local deliveries for those who have difficulties getting to the shop – phone 01531 632976 to order. They offer their own Ready Meals, and organic bread flour from plus fresh yeast (as available).
- Handley Organics – please respect 2 people at a time only in this small shop – now has lots of seasonal produce. Sadly their Organic Café is closed.
- The Fruit and Veg Stop – Bye Street, Ledbury – newly opened shop from the Strawberry Stop people offering fruit and vegetables, local fruit juices and Peter Cooks Bread. Offers a call and collect service. Phone 01531 632664 for more details – the shop’s direct phone has yet to be installed.
Veg boxes etc.
These are providing boxes of vegetables (and other food) for delivery
- The Strawberry Stop (Siddington Farm) is offering fruit and veg box deliveries – visit their website thefruitandvegstop.co.uk or phone 01531 632664 (9am – 5pm) for details of all they have on offer and prices.
- Little Marcle Farm (organic) can now take on new customers for their vegetable boxes, featuring produce grown on the farm – see http://www.littlemarclefarmshop.co.uk/ or phone 07970 296153 for order options and delivery details.
- The Shop at Bromsberrow has lots of locally produced food and drink products for sale – check www.theshopatbromsberrow.co.uk for opening hours etc.
Local Bakery Products
- Peter Cooks Bread provides bread deliveries to Ceci Paolo, The Nest and the Fruit and Veg Stop. Their bread is also available at the Hop Pocket Food Hall – for other stockists see petercooksbread.co.uk/stockists. They offer a free home delivery service for orders over £20 – details at https://www.petercooksbread.co.uk/shop-1.
- Baker’s Dozen, Homend is operating 8am to 3pm with social distancing and offers free local deliveries for orders over £5. Phone 01531 631156.
More Cooked and Ready Meals
- Y-Pass Fish and Chips – is open for takeaways and call and collect orders Tuesdays to Saturdays – phone 01531 632843.
- Pizza Shop, Bye Street – is now open 5pm to 9.30pm for “phone and collect” orders – phone 01531 635402.
- Matt’s Kitchin is delivering their ready meals locally – wide range available see mattskitchin.uk or phone 07522 064131 or 01531 632418. You can also call and collect from 32 The Homend by arrangement.
- Elite Fine Dining, Ledbury offers a range of frozen ready meals for delivery – enquiries to 01531 636028 or visit their Facebook site – individual meals from £3 to £4 by the same people who cater at Ledbury Primary School.
- The Scrumpy House Restaurant at Weston’s, Much Marcle offers a range of pre-ordered take-away meals. Full details at https://www.westons-cider.co.uk/experience/.
- The Olive Tree, Ledbury – phone 01531 634181 offers a take-away service for pizzas etc. See https://www.theolivetreeledbury.co.uk/ for menu, available Tuesday to Sunday 5pm to 8.30pm – pre-order preferred.
- Local Pubs – remain closed for on-sales. Several are offering outside dining from the week of 12th April alongside their existing call and collect or delivery services, including The Farmers Arms, Wellington Heath, The Oak, Staplow and The Walwyn Arms, Much Marcle. The Wellington, Chance’s Pitch is sticking with its Call to Collect service only, as is The Slip Tavern at Much Marcle. For more information – phone or check the Website or Facebook page of your favourite venue for opening hours, booking etc.
See also Local Cafés below for more takeaways
Other Local Producers
- Gregg’s Pit offers award winning craft cider and perry – local deliveries or collect. Local customers who wish to buy direct can do so 1030-1800 on Thursdays through to Mondays inclusive (‘phone 07473-900840 or 01531-660687 in advance). James also offers free delivery for local customers’ orders within a 10 mile radius of Ledbury on Tuesdays and Saturdays (by appointment – ‘phone as above). The restaurant is now open for meals.
- Myrtle’s Kitchen offers awarding winning locally made chutneys and preserves and has branched out into pastries (and pasties) and sharing boxes for delivery.. You can find out more and order from myrtleskitchen.co.uk. Phone: 07989 747720 or 01885 490397.
- Wychbold Fudge has on online shop for their range of fudges including one featuring Droitwich Salt. Website: wychboldfudge.com features their full range of fudges. Phone: 07557 525446
- Local E Sourced is a new website that offers an increasing range of Herefordshire food and drink produce to customers via a delivery service now including food hampers – find out more at locally-sourced.co.uk/. Minimum order £20.
- Local cider, perry and juice producers Visit bigapple.org.uk/harvestime2020/ for details of where you can obtain products from those who would have been at last year’s Harvestime event.
- Just Rachel’s Ice Cream is available locally to purchase at The Shop at Bromsberrow Village Shop (HR8 1PG) and The Hop Pocket Food Hall. The team are also doing local order deliveries – visit www.justrachel.com or phone 01531 650639.
Cafes are still closed until further notice for indoor service. Several are able to offer outdoor service from 12th April plus take-aways or deliveries. We note below what we know and include below the contact phone numbers of our local cafes. Most are also on Facebook.
- Malthouse Café, Church Lane – 01531 634443 – is now open again for outdoor service from 12th April and take-aways Tuesdays to Saturdays.
- The Feathers, High Street – 01531 635266 – hope to be open again from 17th May.
- The Nest, Little Verzons – 01531 670816 opening its al fresco GARDEN CAFE 10am-3pm, 7 days a week from Monday the 12th with a shortened menu. It will continue to offer take-aways, which can be eaten on site, call and collect – see https://nestledbury.co.uk/ for latest offerings.
- The Scrumpy House Restaurant at Westons Cider – 01531 660626 are offering outside dining from 12th April – booking advisable. Takeaways, call and collect available by phone or email. See https://www.westons-cider.co.uk/experience/ for details amd menu.
- The Market House, High Street – 01531 634250 – Closed until better times – no take-away service
- Trumpet Tea Room, Trumpet 01531 670082 – Currently offering Picnic Boxes, Tea Boxes etc – see their Facebook site for details or phone.
- Cameron and Swan, Homend -01531 636791 – Closed until better times – no take-away service.
Local Farmers’ Markets
- Sadly there are no local farmers’ markets for the time being. Kempley Market has announced that it is no longer able to operate. Many thanks to those who have made this award winning market possible over the last 10 years.In its place plans are in hand for a new Farmers Market based at Hellens, Much Marcle. A first run of this is planned for Saturday 3rd July – a date for your diary.
Please shop safely and in line with current regulations and advice.
Information as at Wednesday 7th April 2021.
Collated by Ledbury Food Group at 01531 633637 or firstname.lastname@example.org