Thanks for supporting our local independent food suppliers!
Please support our local High Street shops, opening from 15th June.
Ledbury Town Charter Market – is now fully open again on Tuesdays and Saturdays for all kinds of stalls, noting:
- Max the Fish – continues fish sales at the market on Tuesday mornings. He is not able to attend on Fridays for the time being because his fish supply markets are not yet back to normal.
- Mark’s Cheese Counter Van is with us on Saturday – Mark offers a click and collect service at marks-cheese-counter.co.uk
- Le Delice of Malvern bakery is now with us on Saturdays .
You can now follow Ledbury Charter Market on Facebook!
Ledbury Country Market – No market at the Burgage Hall on Fridays but you can register for their collection service for their produce (order by Tuesday night, collect on Friday AM from The Burgage Hall Courtyard in front of The Butchers Row Museum) at www.ledburycountrymarket.co.uk/ – send order forms to firstname.lastname@example.org or phone orders to 01684 540595. Contactless card payments preferred on collection.
Great Malvern Farmers Market – is operating again on 3rd Saturday Monthly (next on 18th July – 9am to 2pm) now in the grounds of Malvern Abbey. More details at www.greatmalvernfarmersmarket.com.
Local Food Retailers
These shops are open for local food sales – please use them. Many now offer collect or delivery arrangements:
- Gurneys Butchers have a delivery service on phoned butchery orders for those within 5 miles of Ledbury. Contact Gurneys at 01531 632526. Range of Pies! The Homend Shop is now back to normal trading hours.
- Jenkins Greengrocers shop is open for vegetables and bird food – you can now phone in an order on Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday for collection from the shop on Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday – phone 01531 632537. Now stocking Asparagus and local strawberries from Strawberry Stop.
- D T Waller and Sons Butchers provide a delivery service – for details phone 01531 632739 (Ledbury) or 01684 540899 (Colwall). They also do Ready Meals.
- LDA Meats (Ledbury) are operating from their shop unit and provide deliveries – details at 01531 634382
- The Nest – offers a Click and Collect Pop Up food shop – for details nestledbury.co.uk or phone 01531 670816 – Neil and his team also offer a delivery service for those self-isolating in the Ledbury area, and are now offering a take away service. The Nest stocks products from many local food producers.
- Ceci Paolo – The Deli is open (9am to 4pm Monday to Saturday. They offer local deliveries – phone 01531 632976 to order. They offer their own Ready Meals, and organic bread flour from Shipton Mill plus fresh yeast (as available).
- Handley Organics – please respect 2 people at a time only in this small shop – now has lots of new season’s produce.
Veg boxes etc.
These are providing boxes of vegetables (and other food) for delivery
- The Strawberry Stop (Siddington Farm) is offering fruit and veg box deliveries – now with their own strawberries – see their Facebook site at @thestrawberrystop or phone 01531 632664 (9am – 5pm) for details of all they have on offer and prices.
- Trumpet Tearoom and Gallery is not taking orders for delivery at the moment. We are awaiting more news from there.
- Little Marcle Farm (organic) can now take on new customers for their vegetable boxes, now featuring produce grown on the farm – phone 07970 296153 for order options and delivery details.
- The Farmers Arms, Wellington Heath offer grocery boxes for delivery – full details at farmersarmswellingtonheath.co.uk/kitchen or phone 01531 634776 between 11am – 2pm Tues to Sat.
- The Shop at Bromsberrow has lots of locally produced food and drink products for sale – check www.theshopatbromsberrow.co.uk for opening hours etc.
Local Bakery Products
- Peter Cooks Bread provides bread deliveries to Ceci Paolo and The Nest. Their bread is also be available at the Hop Pocket Food Hall – for other stockists see petercooksbread.co.uk/stockists. They offer a home delivery service for orders over £15 (plus £3 delivery) – details at www.petercooksbreadorders.co.uk.
- Baker’s Dozen, Homend is operating 8am to 3pm with social distancing and offers local deliveries for orders over £5. Phone 01531 631156.
More Cooked and Ready Meals
- Y-Pass Fish and Chips – are offering a delivery only service on Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays – order ahead via bromyardfood.uk or by phone 01531 632843 (when open). Full details on the Y-Pass Ledbury Facebook page.
- Pizza Shop, Bye Street – is now open 5pm to 9.30pm for “phone order and collect” orders only – phone 01531 635402
- Matt’s Kitchin is delivering their ready meals locally – wide range available see mattskitchin.uk or phone 07522 064131 or 01531 632418
- Elite Fine Dining, Ledbury offers a range of frozen ready meals for delivery – enquiries to 01531 636028 or visit their Facebook site – individual meals from £3 to £4 by the same people who cater at Ledbury Primary School. They are also now offering Cream Teas!
- The Scrumpy House Restaurant at Weston’s, Much Marcle is also offering a range of pre-ordered take-away meals. Full details at https://www.westons-cider.co.uk/app/uploads/2020/05/Scrumpy-House-Takeaway-Menu.pdf.
- The Olive Tree, Ledbury has re-opened its take-away service for pizzas etc. See https://www.theolivetreeledbury.co.uk/ for details, menu, phone number etc.
Other Local Producers – see our producer directory for more details
- Gregg’s Pit offers craft cider and perry – local deliveries or collect. For other local cider producers see
- Myrtle’s Kitchen offers local pastry deliveries to your home as well as chutneys and preserves
- Wychbold Fudge has on online shop service
- Local E Sourced is a new website that offers an increasing range of Herefordshire food and drink produce to customers via a delivery service – find out more at locally-sourced.co.uk/. Minimum order £20.
- Local cider, perry and juice producers Visit bigapple.org.uk/blossomtime-2020/ for details of where you can obtain products from those who would have been at this year’s Blossomtime event.
- Just Rachel’s Ice Cream is available locally to purchase at The Shop at Bromsberrow Village Shop (HR8 1PG) and The Hop Pocket Food Hall. The team are also doing local order deliveries – visit www.justrachel.com or phone 01531 650639. Their ice cream is also available for take-away at their Top Cross, Ledbury parlour on Saturday and Sunday afternoons 1pm to 5pm.
Local Farmers’ Markets
- Sadly there are no local farmers’ markets for the time being.
Grow your own!
- Newent Plant Centre – Mark is now open again at the Nest – please observe social distancing when visiting. Contact 01531 670121.
Please shop safely and in line with current regulations and advice.
Our Producer Directory has more information about individual producers.
Last updated on .
Collated by Ledbury Food Group at 01531 633637 or email@example.com