Will Ledbury be next? Openhighstreet.com offers the ability to shop with local high street shops and have produce delivered to your home at a time to suit you. Recently featured in the Observer/Guardian article, it may be what the high street needs to provide the convenience of the supermarket and provide the local, fresh, quality produce of the high street. Only available in Hereford now, will Ledbury be next?
The Harvestime festival will be on13th & 14th October 2012 all around Much Marcle.
See Big Apple website for details
Where: Orleton Village Hall, Orleton, Ludlow SY8 4HW
When: Sunday, 7th October, 2012
Discover, Cook and Taste Shropshire Prune Damsons
• 10.00 – 10.30 Welcome. Tea, Coffee, Damson Mingling
• 10.30 – 11.30 Kids Cook Damson Chocolate Brownies with Easy Peasy
• 11.00 – 11.30 Caring for Damson Trees: Your Damson Tree Questions Answered
• 11.30 – 12.00 Shropshire Prune Damson Campaign Corner
• 12.00 – 12.45 Damson Dessert Demonstration with Will Holland
• 12.45 – 14.00 Damson Themed Lunch
• 14.00 -14.30 Tips & Techniques for Damson Dishes with The Ludlow Jam Pan
• 14.30 – 15.00 Judging of the Damson Cookery Competition
• 15.00 Afternoon Tea and Close of the Day
More info at http://www.shropshireprunedamson.com/programme-for-damson-day-2012
Check out the CPRE Local Action for Local Foods guide for how to campaign for local foods
Following the success of the recent plum cooking demonstration, Roots at Little Verzons are hosting more events. Use your Loaf on 17th October will be looking at baking and there will be a goose event with Judy Goodman on 1st November, so get these dates into your diary and contact Roots direct to book:
Office Phone: 01905 422243
If you don’t know where they are: Map link
Cookery demonstration at Hellens, by Fran Robinson, using the deceptive, fragrant orchard fruit. Part of The Big Apple festival.