The next Ledbury Evening Farmers Market will take place at The Barn, St Katherine’s (by the Library) from 6 to 8 pm on Thursday 5th September, organised by Ledbury Food Group.
Fast becoming a go-to food destination for local food, this monthly market champions local farmers and artisan producers. It is a place to meet friends, get something to fresh and delicious to eat after work and be inspired to buy something to cook at home.
Local producers include Smart’s Traditional Gloucester Cheese made with milk from their pedigree dairy herd, Elaine Pudge’s lamb from her flock of Suffolk-Cross ewes in Woolhope and John Davenport’s vegetables from Little Marcle grown under strict organic guidelines.
The first two markets were packed to the brim, with lively folk music to entertain all present and a stampede for amazing meat, cheese, vegetables, deli-tarts, cakes, food-to-go and pork pies.
Ledbury Food Group set up the market, not just as an event, but to support small producers who farm with a focus on the environment and animal welfare. Selling directly to the public is the only way they can sustain their good farming practices, and still make a living.
Traders on Thursday 5th September will be:
- Annie and Norman Stanier from Dragon Orchard selling Discovery apples
- ‘Stories and Supper’ tastings and selling tickets for their “Pizza Shop Heroes” street food and theatre event on 12th October.
- Smarts Traditional Gloucester Cheese
- Orchard Grove Preserves – jams and chutneys
- Little Marcle Farm Shop – organic veg
- Chilli Zoo – chilli products and plants, courgette pakoras
- Stephen Bull – pastries, tarts, mini tapas
- Lotties Vegan Bakery – vegan bakes
- Three Talents Cakery – cakes
- Gregg’s Pit – cider and perry
- Pudges Lamb – pasture fed lamb
- Brockmore Farm – fresh meat
- Matt’s Kitchin – hot food, ready meals to take home, eggs
Parking is free from 6pm.
Buskers on the evening will be Mike Rudduck and John O’Connor who used to play for the Tree Frogs..
Ledbury’s Evening Farmers’ Market is on Facebook and Instagram: @LedburyFarmersMarket