It’s now time to start planning for your special Big Breakfast at Home for Big Breakfast weekend – Friday to Sunday 29th to 31st January.
To help you we’ve collected a range of breakfast recipes including one from Chris at the Scrumpy House Restaurant – click here to view.
Whether you are treating yourself by cooking up a recipe, or assembling a breakfast e.g. your own Ledbury Big English Breakfast, we have local shops selling locally produced food to “build” your breakfast at home including:
- Our local butchers – Gurneys (The Homend), Waller’s (The Homend) and LDA Meats for bacon, sausages, eggs, black pudding and ham, much locally produced.
- Handley Organics (High Street) for large range of cereals and nuts to make porridge or a “Ledbury” muesli, local jams, bread flours, organic dairy products, fruit and vegetables.
- Ceci Paolo (High Street) with Herefordshire yogurt, local cheese, locally smoked fish, bread flours and lots of other breakfast options.
- The Nest (Hereford Road) with its huge range of local produce to choose from plus its special Homemade Scotch Eggs. Check the Nest on Facebook for any special offers.
- Our two greengrocers Jenkins (The Homend) and The Fruit and Veg Shop (Bye Street) may still have local apples and pears as well as the normal range of fruit and vegetables.
- The Ledbury Country Market – on Friday 29th January 10am to 12noon – featuring its normal range plus charcuterie and dim sum.
And if you don’t want to cook you can order a takeaway (call and collect) from the Scrumpy House Restaurant at Westons, Much Marcle (Phone 01531 660626).
Details of shops that can provide deliveries or call and collect can be found on our Local Food Information page. Please order in good time to avoid disappointment.
Please observe Government regulations when shopping and in the home.
Share your breakfast with others by social media or Zoom – not in person!
Send us pictures of your special meal to firstname.lastname@example.org – we will put the best on our website.
Enjoy your breakfast!