Ledbury and district producers who have achieved awards this year include JUS from Aylton with their Cox’s Origin Pippin and Worcester Permain Apple Juices (both 2 star awards), Myrtle’s Kitchen from the Hop Pocket with their Mango Chutney (2 stars), Just Rachel Quality Desserts from Bromsberrow with their Gooseberry and Elderflower Ice Cream (1 star), Townsend Farm, Stretton Grandison (1 star) for their farm pressed Jonagold apple juice and Willys Ltd with orchards in Little Marcle for their Apple Cider Vinegars (four awards) and their Kombucha drinks (two awards).
Congratulations too to Hay Wines of Ledbury for winning a top 3 star award for their Awesome Amaretto –a locally commissioned rather than locally sourced product – Herefordshire is not (yet) renowned for its almonds or apricots.
Other Herefordshire award winners include:
- Black Mountains Botanicals – 2 awards for their gins
- Black Mountain Roast – Black Mountain Roast Espresso Blend
- Pips Cider – 3 awards for Cider
- Hedonist Bakery – 3 awards for their loaves
- Two Farmers Ltd – 4 awards for their potato crisps
- Colcombe House Ciders – for their Rouge cider
- Celtic Marches Beverages – Holly GoLightly Low Alcohol cider
- Ty Gwyn Cider Ltd – Ty Gwyn Limited Edition Medium Perry (Blakeney Red Variety)
- Rayeesa’s Indian Kitchen Limited – Spiced by Rayeesa Rogan Josh Curry Sauce
- Trumpers tea Ltd – 2 awards
- Snails Bank Cider – 2 awards for their cider and gin
- Sue Gilmour Ltd – Coffee Milk Chocolate Bar
- La Fleur de Chocolat – Lemon and Black pepper chocolates
Other local award winners whose products are available locally include The Friday Beer Co from Malvern with their Black Hall Stout and Gold beer, McNeils Smokehouse with awards for the smoked products and Jess’s Ladies Organic Milk from near Gloucester.
Great Taste Awards are awarded annually to producers whose products are deemed worthy. The highest ward is 3 stars. Full details of this year’s award winners and how products are judged can be found at www.greattasteawards.co.uk.
A date for your diary or calendar – the next Ledbury Evening Farmer’s Market will be held on Thursday 3rd October from 6pm to 8pm at the Barn, St Katherine’s.